Butterflies
So I have butterflies today.
I have a call back tonight for Go Comedy Improv Theatre. Folks tell me I had a great first audition. I am trying to just relax and not think about it, which is what I did on Saturday for the initial audition. That seemed to work well, Anyone who knows me, however, knows that I am not one to just leave something alone without analyzing it to death.
Butterflies before an audition though are good. They keep us on our toes, give us energy, and I think are a good reminder that we haven't lost our sensitivity to the fact that we CAN fail. By that I mean that confidence is necessary, but attitude and expectation is not. I believe I'm a good improviser. I believe as well that I'm in this with a lot of very talented improvisers, FABULOUS improvisers in fact, of whom I consider it a priviledge to be holidng company.
I will be, and truly am, excited for everyone who makes it to the final cut, who has the chance to bring a home for improvisation back to the Detroit area. This is a moment to again create a fostering environment for creativity, to open up the sandbox and begin to play. Finding this gift nearly 10 years ago (Good Lord!...) was truly a life-changing experience. This is a great time for Detroit's improv community, and I couldn't be more excited.