Daily October 5
6:00 came early this morning, especially after our weekly "Thursday Winos."
Our big meeting at work came and went and was good. I have a stack of things on my desk now to create, implement or distribute... And I feel like it was a very good thing to have this meeting today before my BIG meeting next week. It felt a little like a prep-meeting.
Thursday Winos. Ah Thursdays, when Ian's sister and/or best friend come over and we hang out. Either we go out to eat, make dinner, or order in, but always drink. Beer, wine, mixed drinks, shots, or all of the above. I have never been one to really WANT to drink, at least not DRINK. I don't like the feeling of being drunk and I never want to drink to forget problems, issues, worries, things to do... because I know that they will just be there, even more delayed when I'm done, so to me it's always like what's the point?
And at the same time I am hardly ever able to relax. I am constantly thinking about what needs to be done, what project I should be working on, what items I have to accomplish tomorrow. Last night I found myself wishing I could turn off some of that so that I could just enjoy the company of friends... but the pressure of getting up so early today preventing me from imbibing. I did the best I could.
I am, and have always been, terrible at "hanging out."
And on another note... I constantly hear people say that they are "bored" and I think to myself... HOW? How could you POSSIBLY be bored? There are always a million and a half things to do... no one should ever find themselves bored unless they are stuck somewhere with no access to things they control or own, and even then boredom is a state of mind. You can sing, make up stories, entertain yourself.
The idea of "being bored" not only is foreign to me, it annoys me - although I can understand being bored OF something.. of the way things are, of the status quo, of a job or a situation.