Daily Oct 4
I'm trying something new. I'm going to start blogging like a rolling daily account, first thing when I get to work, perhaps when I get up. We'll see how it works - and how long this lasts.
I need something cathartic.I used to journal all the time. I started in 1993 and today I am on my 23rd volume, each of them the size of an average book. The entries have gotten fewer and fewer over the years. A combination of life changes and becoming more sure of myself. The entries are mostly from meaningful Bible studies, spiritual moments where I have to record what God has shown me.
The daily unloading though, I miss that. I share with Ian, but I miss sharing with myself, and somehow with the world, the things that captivate my attention. Today is the day of spills. I splilled old Coke on my foot and pant leg this morning - tossing an old McDonald's coke - that I bought just for the Monopoly pieces which didn't come with that size Coke... to moving a small bottle of Coke at work to have it tip over, the cap fall off and spill on my bureau. My first thought was "why is that cap not on tight," then it hit me, "why do I have a three week old half-drunk bottle of Coke in my office..." good Lord. And clearly I drink too much Coke.
Today I've got a lot of prep on my table. We have a meeting with the marketing team from the Broadway Booking Office tomorrow morning to discuss our sales strategies for the return engagement of Mary Poppins later this month. It's odd that they're making the trip to Detroit to talk about a show that seems, at least from our perspective, to be doing ok - if not well. But I'm looking forward to meeting them, especially Zach who is originally from the Pittsburgh area. It's always nice to meet a fellow Yinzer. Then I've got to prep for my trip next week to LA for Book of Mormon and "Mormon School." I get to see the show and then discuss overall sales strategies for the show across the country and bringing the brand to Detroit. It's the biggest trip I've made here, and one of the most interesting... from seeing the show to meeting people who do what I do from all over. Very cool. And I'm hoping to say hi to some of my LA friends while out there.
Day one of my dailies down. I wonder if there will be a day 2.
PS: It's funny that I pick up this blog the day after watching the season 8 Supernatural premier. I'm stuck in that world today in my head - much like I discussed in my last post.