Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Ewhelmed

Because I've been tweeting more and just started Instagramming (littlemanscotty - if you do). I noticed that I have this little blog posted on a link from my Twitter page. Fun.

I'm coining a new phrase as of this moment. Ewhelmed.

Ewhelmed: feeling unable to follow and contribute to the current flow of information presented on multiple sources of electronic media. Example: Ewhelmed, he sat at his computer, hands on his keyboard not knowing what to post on which site and when.

I spend a lot of time Ewhelmed these days. But what's more, I am equally impressed by the dexterity of those I follow to maintain multiple sources of streaming information online, on-air and on stage. I find that I want to be one of the contributors, I want to have my head in the stream, but that there are also many heads in the stream with only a true few rising above the rushing flow of everyone else.

So the question becomes: Do you leave the stream and support those who are able to rise up out of the it or do you keep in there believing that the more you contribute, the more likely you will rise?

OR... do you just do what you like and not worry about it?