I'm trying a new thing today.
We'll see how long it lasts, it goes, if I am consistent.
A First Things Note.
I've come to believe that walking into the office and immediately stepping into task-mode isn't the most productive thing we can do for ourselves or our efforts. As much praise as "grunt work" deserves our efforts demand inspiration, or at least direction. That's especially true if the person you want to be, the person you see within yourself, is more than just the accomplishment of tasks.
I do believe that about myself. About who I am. About who I want to be.
You have to be inspired to inspire.
This is especially true for yourself. If you are not inspired by something, by someone, by an idea - how can you inspire others?
So what is my inspiration today?
Tim Horton's Lady.
After running a few morning errands I stopped at Tim's. The large SUV in front of me completed her order and didn't pull forward enough for me to correctly talk to the speakerbox. Yet the cheerful, effervescent voice booming from it didn't seem to mind. "I can still hear you, so tell me want you want" - "what you want" slanted with a hint of Spice Girls.
With a friendly, upbeat tone & happiness she made me feel less gray than the rain-foreboding morning clouds had set my mood. When the woman behind me inadvertently made a brittish-sounding goof --- "Oh Dear," this Timmy Agent lept into her own rendition of Mary Poppins trilling her R's and cheerio-ing the daylights out of the next guest. And she was positively pleased with the interaction. And so was I.
Tim Horton's Lady - your fun-time attitude and desire to make someone smile inspired me today.