Tuesday, October 10, 2017

First Things: Look in front of you

I think about this blog a lot - like just about every day.

I started it as a way to boost my daily levels of inspiration. I believe that taking a moment to reflect before diving into the tasks of the day is a healthy, powerful choice.

Yet so often inspiration evades me.

I think about what inspires me and a draw a blank. Cheesy things come to mind - love, happiness, joy of others. While these are valuable, they are also Velveeta, and in that circumstance, forced.

Today however, I was inspired by a concept from my daily spiritual devotional, Our Daily Bread. The verse they used for today's message was Revelation 3:1-6. Revelation? Yeah - that one.

"I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God."

I am inspired today by the idea of waking up to strengthen what remains.  At times we lose heart. We miss opportunities. We feel defeated or overwhelmed. But we only need to wake up and look.

What is before you?

Right now?

Seize it.

Do not worry about what lies beyond or what lies behind. Look to what remains in front of you and make that work.

Being spiritual about it: The Lord (The universe, The force?) has placed you in this moment for this moment with what is at your feet right now. Embrace that moment and dive into it. 

Today my inspiration comes from the what can be of something that hasn't yet become.