Monday, April 17, 2023

What Inspires Me Today - April 17, 2023

WARM UP

I've been thinking for a while about getting back to this blog - or starting a new one - with the idea of taking time every morning to find inspiration. I have a lot of thoughts on this blog that I think are worth keeping up and going back to now and then, so here I am (AGAIN) starting a new thing.

The goal is to do this as often as I can, a few times a week would be great, once a week is most likely.

So I'm kicking things off, with the idea of warm ups.

Today I forgot about this (great start, eh?) and dove right into starting reports like I do every Monday. 

But it felt jarring. I rarely ever begin my morning workouts diving right into weights. And when I'm teaching improv, coach, or direct, we ALWAYS start with a warm up exercise or four.

We warm up our cars in winter, cool them up(?) in summer.

We warm up our bodies to do physical activity.

We warm up our voices to perform.

We should be warming up our minds to work.

For me, this is going to serve as my warm up exercise for the moment. Getting my brain warmed up to thinking, my fingers into a rhythm of typing, and just easing into whatever the day has in store.

Whatever it is, I hope you can take a moment to warm yourself up for whatever lies ahead of you today, and that it gets you moving in a positive, helpful, direction. 

Vroom Vroom