Wipe It Down
There is part of me that's excited about this thought and a part of me that equally cringes.
Today's thoughts are on having a clean work area/home/kitchen/etc.
Now before you get all "Yeah, get your shit together you dirty sons of bitches!" let me say that is where my cringey-ness comes in. For the most part, I am not that person. I don't mind messiness. In fact, I think creative people tend to be on the messy side. Life is not messy, we do not need to be, nor should we be, perfectly tidy all the time.
What I'm most inspired by today is the process of tidying up - or as I grew up saying in Western PA - Redding Up.
There is a wonderful sense of peace and purpose in a clean work area - in a clean kitchen or bathroom, or garage. Getting ready to make dinner, bake a cake, etc feels so much lighter and happy when things are in their place and you have space to work. I know that when I wipe down my desk at work and get rid of the crumbs and dust and dirt, I feel a real sense of relief.
But that does not happen on its own.
Unless you have the wherewithal to have others clean up after you, you have to do the work to clean your space. It takes work to get to where you want to be, to get to where you feel good about what you're about to do. And that work is worth your time. You are worth that time.
Sometimes we forget how much we are worth taking a minute to wipe it down so we can see ourselves shine as brightly as we are.