Monday, April 24, 2023

What Inspires Me Today - April 24

 Paying Forward

On my way in to the office today I was thinking about many things that today's inspiration moment could be about. I guess I should be thankful that there are a lot of things surrounding me from which I can draw inspiration today. I'm going to settle on a moment from my weekend Quiet Time / Devotional.

Now before we get too into it, I don't journal the way I used to, which means I also don't spend a lot of time doing devotionals or Bible Study on a regular basis. There are different reasons for that - another time... but this weekend I landed in Matthew and the parable of the man who was forgiven of his debt and then refused to forgive someone who was indebted to him.

He, of course, was UNforgiven of his debt in the parable...

The lesson is clear... in faith, we have an obligation to bring to the world the mercy and grace that has been given to us. Any good thing that comes to us, we better the world around us by passing the power of that goodness on. A kind word, a forgiveness, a joy... 

I think the same happens on the opposite... we darken our world when we pass on any bad thing... anger, malice, resentment...  

This feel like a very trite message today.  It has a little bit of "that's been done before-ness" to it. I don't like being trite or banal, or cliche... but sometimes it helps to be reminded of the simple truth that we have an impact on our immedate world... and that has an impact back to us. 

We don't live in silos and we are not obligated to walk alone.

How much better the walk and our day is when we share some good along the way.